Paying Your Court Fees
Payment plans may be requested by any person receiving a citation. The payment plan requires the completion of a financial form and the use of the payment plan will result in a guilty conviction as required by law.
How to Request a Payment Plan
- Request a financial plan application in person at the Municipal Court, 205 Walnut Street.
- Provide a state-issued identification card or driver's license
- Complete a financial form (subject to verification)
- Once the form is complete an interview will be conducted based on the information obtained on your financial form to determine eligibility to pay. The amount of payment and due dates will be determined by the collection clerk.
If You Are Granted a Payment Plan
- A "Time Payment" fee of $25 will be assessed as required by state law (chapter 51 of the Texas Government Code).
- A "Time Payment" fee of $25 is added to the each violation if the granted for extension is paid within 30 days from the date of judgment.
- A "Time Payment" fee of $25 for each violation will be assessed if any portion of the fines, fees, or cost is paid after the 31st day from the date of judgment, as required by law.