Encouraging Government TransparencyListed here are the current notices for the City of Bowie. Section 551.002 of the Texas Government Code provides that every regular, special, or called meeting of a governmental body shall be open to the public. Section 551.031 provides that notices must:
- Be in writing and clearly state the date, hour, place, and subject of each meeting
- Be posted at least 72 hours prior to scheduled time of the meeting
- Be posted in two locations:
- On a bulletin board convenient to the public (Bowie City Hall, located at 307 N. Mason Street)
- On a web bulletin board on the City of Bowie website
Please note that all notices are posted in PDF format. To open and print files, you need to install the free Adobe Reader.