Responsibilities & Services
The city manager leads, directs, and coordinates all city operations and staff. They report directly to the mayor and members of the City Council
, who are elected by the citizens of Bowie.
The City of Bowie operates under a system of local government called the council / manager form. Under this system, the mayor and City Council establish policy and law, and the city manager handles the day-to-day management of the city organization.
The city manger is responsible for:
- Advising the City Council on matters affecting the city
- Appointing and removing city personnel
- Implementing City Council policies
- Encouraging and providing for citizen input regarding City operations, services, and programs
- Managing all city operations and services
- Serving as liaison to other governmental entities
- Submitting the annual budget to the City Council for review, modification, and approval